Tuesday, March 10, 2009

SHE'S HERE & SHE'S BEAUTIFUL! Kayla Elle Obray




Kayla Elle Obray made her entrance into the world on Friday, February 27 @ 3:36pm. She weighed 7 lbs. 10 oz. and was 19 inches long.

I was given Pitocin, but it didn't do a thing, so because of my history with quick labor, my Dr. broke my water and immediately the contractions came, and THEY HURT! Pain = Labor = Birth. She was here within the same hour.

After the nice man stuck me in the back and took away all of my pain, I dilated like..literally in seconds and felt her head drop. It was funny because I told the nurse she'd better check me and she says " oh, I just checked you a couple minutes ago, you were only a 5 " I said..."NO REALLY, you'd better check me"

There she was, on her way!

Well, TMI for some of you, but for mothers currently pregnant, and I know there are quite of few of you reading this, I strongly recommend that lovely Epidural! Your body will do lovely things for you, like give up the baby, if you get rid of it's stress and pain!

So the labor (like the whole hour of it ; ) and birth was easy. I paid for it during the whole pregnancy. But she was definately worth it. She is healthy and beautiful and we're so thankful!

A fun little wake-up call named Kayla (3 days old)! Don't worry, they didn't sleep this way!
After her first real bath ( the cord fell off yesterday) all tuckered out. (11 days old)
About an hour old...
And baby makes 5!
Grandma Jan and Kayla. Soft and cuddly as can be! Everyone loves Grandma Jan!
By-the-way, she looks just like Leah did!





11 comments:

Steph said...

Yay for pictures! She is such a dolly. You look great, and all look very happy (especially you to be done with being preggo!) And I think I have that exact picture of Mom with both of my kids! :)

BillandSummer said...

Oh Lindsay...I love the pictures. She is just adorable. I am so glad that everything went well during the delivery and she is healthy. You guys are so awesome..love you guys!!!

Lindsey said...

She's gorgeous!!! You guys look great-especially you, Lindsay-no one should look that great just after giving birth! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

OH yeah!!! She is beautiful & you captured some great moments with that camera! I love birth stories... but I don't think I will take the epidural! I'm terrified of needles & sort of appreciate the pain.... I know.. I'm WIERD. Love you linds.

Billikaye Sims said...

Love the pictures! And you don't look like you just gave birth, you're gorgeous! What a blessing! Congrats!

Angie said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad you finally posted pictures. She is beautiful! (Of course--what else could you and Jared produce but beautiful babies!) I'm glad everything went well. Love you!!! I'm sending a big kiss to Kayla with my mom (she'll be there next week).

Suzanne said...

Congratulations! :)

Melanie said...

She is so gorgeous. Congratulations. Thanks so much for posting pictures and keeping us updated!! You guys are the best!

Sarah Smith said...

She is so cute! I am so happy that all went well! You have a qt family of 5! Sarah

Nona said...

Congrats!!! You can certainally tell that she belongs in your family! Such a doll! Gives me baby fever for about a minute and yes Epidrals rock!!!! LoL! I am happy for you all!

Sydney Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.